Ads!

Monday, July 21, 2008

Thinkway Wall-E & Eve

I love Pixar's movies. To me, Pixar has hit home runs for all their movies.
The movie has not been release here yet, but based on the reviews I have seen on the Internet, I think Pixar has hit another home run.

I will usually pick up Pixar movie's toys (except for Ratatouille as I can't find them) no matter how crappy they are! (can't really complain as they are targeted for the mass market)
The only exception is the Cars movie's toys. However with Thinkway Wall-E line, I think I can increase the exception to 2.

I usually don't comment much on the packaging but I kinda like this one. It's attractive and shows the figures well.

Based on the pictures I am seeing on the Internet, Wall-E’s sculpting is excellent with details like the rubber tracks and hose behind his head. His paint ops is clean and he has the dirty and rusty look which I like. The only problem is that the paint on his head is rather flat hence making it more plastic than metal.
I like Eve's sculpt even though it's simple and clean (maybe that why I like it!). As Eve is primarily white, there is not much to say about the paint ops. Her white is the glossy kind and is matches well with her blue eyes.

Wall-E comes with 2 hunks of garbage and it can be fitted into his body.
Eve comes with a boot with a plant growing out of it, light bulb, transparent base, a rock with a section that fly off with a press of a button , and her blaster right arm. In the trailer, when Wall-E tries to get the attention of Eve, she uses her blaster right arm to blast a huge hole in a rock. I guess that answers the accessory for the rock with a section that fly off with a press of a button!

The best thing I like about these figures are the action features. Yes you heard it right, "the action features."
Wall-E's front and back can be opened. Well not too exciting I guess.
Eve on the other hand has 2 action features. You are able to pop open her chest by pressing a button behind. Inside you are able to store the accessories (boot and light bulb) which come along with her. The second feature is that Eve has 6 different eye expressions when you press down her head. It's so so cool (see picture below)

These figures will fit in nicely with the rest of the 6" figures. There is another Wall-E line running at a smaller scale. Around 3 to 4". These will fit in nicely with the smaller Star Wars figures but I still prefer the larger scale figures.

Overall, the figures are good especially for a mass market toy line. Well done Thinkway!!

Nice packaging


Wall-E






It can be quite depressing to be a rubbish compactor


Eve




The 6 different eye expressions


Love at first sight!


Accessories


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey man, where did you buy wall E, cute leh??

Little Plastic Man said...

I saw them at Toys R Us Vivo, Robinson at Raffles city and Centrepoint. I recommend Toys R Us Vivo cause they are also selling the smaller scale version.

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much..When do you go for toy hunting?? May be we can mit up for coffee after work one day..

Anonymous said...

I sure hope we get these in Japan. They're awesome!

Little Plastic Man said...

Desmond - As long as I am in a shopping area I will try to visit top shops around that area. I'll also try to go to China Square on Sunday. Sure can meet up for coffee one day. It would be nice to talk to a fellow collector!

Ted - I hope so too. Don't wish you to miss out on these nice figures!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails