Ads!

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Choo Choo!

E is for Emily.

She is one of the female characters in the television series Thomas and Friends. Hmmm...how does one differentiate the gender of a train...ok that's a debate for another day.
Emily was the first female steam engine to be featured in the televsion series.
She is depicted as a rather bossy character and speaks with a Scottish accent.

Emily is based on a Stirling 4-2-2 of the Great Northern Railway.
These locomotives were used on high-speed express services from York to London in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
The Great Northern Railway used a dark emerald green livery on their locomotives similar to that carried by Emily.

My son has come to an age where he appreaciates Thomas and Friends train sets.
I for one has longed for this day because it is an excuse for me to buy Thomas and Friends toys.
I always like the idea of having a train set and watching the train go round the tracks.
I am just as excited like my son when we go out shopping for Thomas and Friends toys!

Emily was one of the trains we bought for my son and she is his favourite now. I can definitely see why, as Emily's design is of the old fashioned locomotives and the color on her is also very nice. She also has a sweet face which might be appealing to little children.

Even her song sounds cool!
















I am currently taking part in the A to Z challenge and here are the entries so far:
A / B / C / D

5 comments:

LEon said...

You buy Emily only?

That last photo remind me of inception. LOL

Unknown said...

Just stopped by from the A-Z Challenge!
gigglelaughcry.blogspot.com

baygirl32 said...

the first female train in the series and they make her bossy? that doesn't seem right. Kiddo didn't go the Thomas route.

Happy "E" Day
http://baygirl32.blogspot.com

chrismandesign said...

is this a Takara Tomy toy ??? i think is a beautiful one, i’m fascinated as well with trains, but i prefer those high-tech... i love as well those big dioramas with mountains, forest & cottages & one or more trains... =)

Little Plastic Man said...

Leon - Nope, I have Thomas, Bertie and Emily...
GiggleLaughCry - Hi! Hi!
baygirl32 - To be fair she is also protray as a bigger sister to the smaller steam engine. Happy E day
chrismandesign - Yup it is takara tomy and damn expensive. Yes I love those big dioramas! If I had a big enough room I would love to have such a set up!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails