Ads!

Friday, December 26, 2014

Do you remember - Be an Interplanetary Spy

Be An Interplanetary Spy is a series of twelve interactive children's science fiction books designed by Byron Preiss Visual Publications and first published by Bantam Books from 1983 to 1985. 

Aimed at younger readers, these books were published in paperback form only, with brightly coloured covers and were heavily illustrated in black and white throughout. Unlike other series of interactive novels such as Choose Your Own Adventure stories or Fighting Fantasy gamebooks, each Interplanetary Spy book is made up largely of illustrations in a style that mixes comic book-like line drawings with blocky, straight edge illustrations matching the graphical quality of video games from the time of publication. Rather than requiring readers to select from various actions and directions, or succeed in dice driven 'combat' to progress through the story, these novels mostly involve puzzle solving. Image-based challenges such as mazes, pattern matching and visualization problems are common throughout the series, with all stories being presented in second-person point of view.

I remember I was so into these books that these were the only books my parents could get me to read!
I have recently found them back in my sister's library and wanted to share them with you.
I also remember reading Choose your own Adventures, Time Machine and Lone Wolf but Be An Interplanetary Spy was the best for me.

Cheers to 2014 and more good things to come in 2015. But never forgot my childhood.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails