Ads!

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Jason Freeny Anatomical Gummi Bear & Dissected Gingerbread Man






















Jason Freeny is an American artist specializing in sculpture, designer toys and computer generated imagery.
He is best known for his anatomical art, where he produced cutaway of pop culture icon such as Lego man, Barbie dolls etc. You can view his work at Moist Production which he owns and acts as the primary publisher and distributors of his work.

I loved Jason's anatomical works and I am so glad that I have finally gotten his anatomical gummy bear and dissected gingerbread man. Of course these are mass produced items hence becoming affordable. However I would love to own some of his sculpt pieces one day.

Anatomical Gummi Bear

The gummy bear is produced by 4D Master (one of the brand under the Fame Master Enterprise Limited) based on Jason's illustration.
They specialize in designing, manufacturing and exporting plastic educational toys and puzzle educational toys. Their main product line is the 4D Puzzle which has 10 to 100 plastic parts to form a figurine, vehicle or diorama.

The design of the packaging is pretty cool with nice graphics on all sides of the box.
The gummi bear and all its items are secured nicely in the box.



























I managed to get the version signed by the artist himself, hence I am very pleased with it.
The signature is at the back of the Gummi bear casing.

















Primarily this is a 4D puzzle hence all the items are separated and you have to build it yourself.
Instructions are provided.
I find the organs are very well made and are painted. They look really good.
The only gripe I have is that the left arm does not attach well to the shoulder blade.
I am not sure if this is an isolated case. Let's hope so.



















Anatomy of the Gummi Bear all done up.
It looks really cool.



























You can cover up the brain with the top of the skull.























There are 5 different color casing namely red, yellow, orange, green and clear.
If I am not wrong, the most common is the clear casing which I have.



























Dissected Gingerbread Man

The Anatomical Gingerbread Man is produced by Mighty Jaxx and it was just released recently (Oct) to coincide with Christmas. The Gingerbread Man is based on Jason's illustration.

The item comes in a clear box hence you are able to see the whole figure.























Going with the Christmas theme, the Gingerbread man can also be used as a Christmas tree ornament.






















Unlike the Gummi Bear, the Gingerbread Man comes in one solid piece.
Again the sculpt is great with good details. The paint is also very clean with no slop at all.

Overall I am very pleased that I managed to get some of Jason's designs.
Hopefully in the near future, I can get my hands on his sculpts as well.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails